Lookin' for a "MacGyver" HVAC Installer to Save the Day
You have a knack for making the impossible... well, possible. You're a master troubleshooter. There's no problem you can't untangle. You're calm under pressure and WON'T fold like a lawn chair when the going gets tough. Nothin' flusters you.
Crawling around in hot attics and other small spaces? You're cool as a cucumber.
Working under a tight timeline? No sweat. Being "on time" is your thing.
Difficult conversations? You diffuse 'em with the tact of a diplomat.
Yes, you're a rock of dependability.
Most importantly, you live your life with integrity and honor. You were brought up to be humble. And you believe saying "yes, sir," and "yes, ma'am" is a proper show of respect.
If you're a MacGyver-like problem-solver, then Simmons One Hour Heating & Air has the career opportunity for you. I'm Derek Cole and I need an HVAC Installer on my team, right now.
Show me that you're the guy or gal I'm lookin' for.
• Your salary starts around $35 to $50K.
• You'll have bonuses.
• You'll LOVE it here and never want to leave.
Our team is our family. That's why I believe you and your family should have:
• Year round work, our service base provides us with more than enough work to keep you busy 12 months of the year
• Take home company vehicle; we pay insurance, gas and maintenance
• Provide cell phone, uniforms program
• Pay continuing education
• Family environment, we treat each other like family and have a full open door policy
• Medical - A portion of the employee premium is paid by the company for the Medical
• We provide over 52 hours per year of training, this keeps you up to date on the best practices and newest ideas out there, enabling you to earn the most and provide for your family
• 48 paid holiday hours!
• 401(K) with company matching
I've got no time for: whiners, freeloaders, gossipers, criminals or liars. No one with a sense of entitlement either.
You've gotta be: friendly, considerate, trustworthy and punctual. Oh, you've gotta be willing to be silly. Fun is a part of our daily life 'round here.
Not to mention, l also need you to...
• Pass a thorough background check
• Have a valid driver's license
• Be slightly finicky about shiny shoes, pressed pants, and tucked-in shirttails
• Follow instructions to a "T"
• Bring a "whatever it takes" attitude, and a willingness to be a team player
Got that resume handy? No need. I probably won't read it anyways. Shoot me an email instead. Tell me why you check all the boxes. Better yet... give me some examples of how you "saved the day" with your elite troubleshooting skills. I need to know you've got what it takes.
But heads up: I'm only readin' your email if you write "MacGyver's here to save the day!" in the subject line. Otherwise, I'm pushin' the delete button, and movin' on for good. (Yep, you guessed it... followin' instructions is your first test.)
So what are you waiting for?
Clock's tickin'. Send me that email already, will ya? I want to talk to you today.
Owner, Simmons One Hour
Completes installation paperwork in a neat, timely, and accurate manner that reflects all tasks performed for reporting accuracy and future comparison
Uses drop cloths to protect client’s floors while performing installation
Always maintains a neat work area and inspects that area for cleanliness after completion of each job
Conveys a safety-conscious attitude, both on the job and while driving
Wears floor savers while in the client’s home
Assists the Lead Installer with maintaining required production levels
Maintains company vehicle, ensuring that it is always clean on both the inside and the outside
Experience and Knowledge Required:
Must have prior, successful experience as an Installation Technician in the HVAC industry
Must display strong communication skills and technical competence
Ability to pass a thorough background check and drug screen
Clean driving record